My thoughts, thats all.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

C-Bus

From Halloween


Well, I wanted to show a picture of my town as it is when I leave. This is High Street looking south about 1 block from my house. High street is sorta the backbone of Columbus with most of the older city developing around it. Looking towards downtown is the Short North, an area with tons of great bars, restaurants, and art galleries. In the left of the photo is two of them Bodega, a great little bar with a large beer selection, and the Meghan Gallery which just opend a month or so ago. Those arches over the road are what gives Columbus its nickname "City of Arches" (screw you St. Louis). The lights on the arches have never worked, but when I come home for Christmas they should be back in action, already looking forward to seeing them for the first time. Directly behind me in this picture is a few more bars and two music venues, both of which have good music from time to time. About a mile behind me is Ohio State University (sorry, haven't picked up saying THE in a very arrogant way yet). This is a fun place to live; I will miss the fun times, certainly the people, but not the cold.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home