My thoughts, thats all.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

See ya!

This post may be the last meaningful (sic) thing I do while in America. I suppose because of that you sorta view things a little differently and some things that might not be ironic normally for some reason are. Here are a few examples.

1) This week, I have eaten Chinese twice, about 6 times as much as normal. This may seem strange since I am going somewhere that has ~70% Chinese population and is known for its food. I suppose this is a good thing, if I am in the mood for it now I just hope it doesn’t get old while overseas.
2) I am sitting right outside my gate and already feeling really white. As I look around I only see 2 white people, out of probably 50. Now I’m not saying that this is a bad thing, just different. I do wonder how Americans are perceived in Singapore and Asia in general. I don’t think I will notice a difference professionally, but I might when I go out and try to meet people my own age.
3) I still think it is crazy that it is this time tomorrow in Singapore.
4) I didn’t bring my cell phone with me for obvious reasons. It is strange walking around the airport without it. My hand has brushed up against my pocket at least 5 times and my heart skipped a beat every time it wasn’t there.
5) I just got a new digital camera a couple weeks ago. I wonder; do Asians have jokes about American tourists taking lots of pictures? If so, I am about to be cliché.
6) Smoking was just banned in all public places in Ohio, a good thing I think. If you smoke in Singapore, and you throw you butt on the ground, they execute you Judge Dread style; that is awesome.
7) I am totally screwed trying to pronounce people’s names. The keep paging people over the intercom and they are names like “Whopping Tae”, “Zooming Zang”, and “Whoflung Poo”. I hope it isn’t completely rude to mispronounce names because am really going to struggle with this one.
8) Singapore Airlines flight attendants are hot, seriously.

Well, I should start packing up and getting ready to go, only 45 min left before the 18 hour flight. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home